COOK'S WOMENS MINISTRY!
COOK'S WOMENS MINISTRY
Our Women’s Ministry hosts Bible studies, service projects and fellowship events that are intended to foster deeper connections to Christ and the community.
SPRING - SUMMER - FALL BIBLE STUDIES
A new study is offered each season and usually includes a video-based study with guidebook for each participant. Study sessions are generally 6-7 weeks and are offered at two times:
- Thursday mornings at 9:30am
- Sunday evenings at 5:00pm
We welcome all women of all stages of life! Registration is available online and includes a discounted book fee.
We invite you to join us in one of our monthly service projects!
- Lunch on Us – Every 2nd Wednesday our ladies partner with this ministry of First Presbyterian Ruston on Bonner Street by assisting in packing and distributing sack lunches to the community downtown.
- Grace Place Ministries – Every 3rd Monday we travel to Grace Place Ministries in Monroe to assist feeding lunch in the soup kitchen or wherever needed in the ministry center.
Our ministry team will coordinate and assist in other service projects throughout the year as opportunities arise, such as our “baby shower” to benefit Life Choices or meals to support new foster families.
FELLOWSHIP AND SPECIAL EVENTS
The ministry team plans seasonal and annual activities that bring women together to share their gifts and to encourage one another. Some past events include…
- Tea Parties with Teen Challenge
- Dinner meet-ups
- Craft nights
- Trips to Women’s Conferences
Contact our Ministry Team Leader Myra Hogan to get involved!