We are pleased to provide the following links to Newsfeeds and Podcasts that are of interest to our members and site visitors. For more experienced users, these Newsfeeds/Podcasts may be more readily accessible from mobile devices using newsreader apps that connect directly to online Newsfeed/Podcast directories such as iTunes or feedburner.
The rapid rise in popularity of electronic document readers, smartphones, and tablets means that high quality Christian discipleship literature is now widely available in electronic formats compatible with these devices. An up-to-date directory of resources in electronic format can be found here.
Cook Baptist Church Sermons
A complete directory of sermons delivered by the pastors of Cook Baptist Church and selected guest speakers is available elsewhere on our website. Also included on that page are links to podcasts of these messages suitable for use with a compatible podcast viewer. Most of our podcasts include both audio and video streams along with supplemental notes. The most recent of these messages are listed below.
- Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 7 - Forgiveness Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 7 - Forgiveness
Created on: Sep 19, 2021 | 11:30 am
Sep 19, 2021 | 11:30 am
- Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 6 - Regrets Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 6 - Regrets
Created on: Sep 12, 2021 | 11:30 am
Sep 12, 2021 | 11:30 am
- Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 5 - God, Our Waymaker Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 5 - God, Our Waymaker
Created on: Sep 5, 2021 | 11:30 am
Sep 5, 2021 | 11:30 am
- Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 4 - Disappointment Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 4 - Disappointment
Created on: Aug 29, 2021 | 11:30 am
Aug 29, 2021 | 11:30 am
- Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 3 - Overcome Temptation Plot Twist - The Story of Joseph: Part 3 - Overcome Temptation
Created on: Aug 22, 2021 | 11:30 am
Aug 22, 2021 | 11:30 am
Think Christianly exists to help Christians understand what they believe, why they believe it, and why it matters. Click on the Play button below to listen to an introductory podcast titled "Living as a Christian in a Post-Christian Culture."
- 5 Things Every Teenager Needs to Build a Lasting Faith Course 5 Things Every Teenager Needs to Build a Lasting Faith Course You want to pass on your faith to your children and be more intentional in helping them grow spiritually. You want them to stand strong. But where do you start? What’s Inside the Course? • 25 Visually Engaging Videos (5+ Hours of Practical[…]
Created on: Apr 27, 2021 | 17:38 pm
Apr 27, 2021 | 17:38 pm
- #33: How to Clearly Share the Gospel with Greg Stier #33: How to Clearly Share the Gospel with Greg Stier Now more than ever it is important to be clear about the hope that we have as followers of Jesus. In this episode, I was excited to do a quick interview with my friend Greg Stier of Dare 2 Share[…]
Created on: Apr 16, 2020 | 16:05 pm
Apr 16, 2020 | 16:05 pm
- #32: 6 Reasons We Know Jesus Claimed to be God #32: 6 Reasons We Know Jesus Claimed to be God Good Friday Edition. Did Jesus ever really claim to be God? Or was this belief invented by the early church? In this episode, I offer 6 quick reasons we know that Jesus claimed to be God. Also my quote of[…]
Created on: Apr 10, 2020 | 17:05 pm
Apr 10, 2020 | 17:05 pm
- #31: Christian Quick Guide to Life in Coronavirus Quarantine #31: Christian Quick Guide to Life in Coronavirus Quarantine How should Christians uniquely approach our circumstances right now during the Coronavirus pandemic? What should our posture be? I’ll share 3 quick do’s and 3 dont’s, some fun things amidst the hard and my favorite quote from C.S. Lewis that[…]
Created on: Apr 8, 2020 | 23:55 pm
Apr 8, 2020 | 23:55 pm
- Do All Religions Lead To God? (Quick Video) Do All Religions Lead To God? (Quick Video) One of the most common assumptions in our culture today is that all roads lead to God in the end. All you need to be is sincere and it will all work out. But if the rest of our lives[…]
Created on: Mar 26, 2020 | 10:26 am
Mar 26, 2020 | 10:26 am
Christian Worldview Thinking
This is a podcast that will challenge you to think faithfully and engage your culture. Listen to some of the top thought leaders in Worldview and apologetics as we dive deep into what it means to live and think faithfully in today’s turbulent culture.
- #92 Faith in the Marketplace - Ace Hardware President John Venhuizen #92 Faith in the Marketplace - Ace Hardware President John Venhuizen Summit Ministries President Dr. Jeff Myers speaks with John Venhuizen, president of Ace Hardware.
Created on: Dec 6, 2018 | 16:20 pm
Dec 6, 2018 | 16:20 pm
- #91 Courage through Christ with Virginia Prodan #91 Courage through Christ with Virginia Prodan Virginia Prodan was exiled from Communist Romania to the United States in 1988. As a Christian in the oppressive regime, she was kidnapped, beaten, and nearly killed.
Created on: Feb 17, 2017 | 13:41 pm
Feb 17, 2017 | 13:41 pm
- #90: In Defense Of A Christian Worldview Part 1 #90: In Defense Of A Christian Worldview Part 1 Summit Founder David Noebel gives this presentation from the archives. "Doc's" classic defense for a biblical worldview came out of a season in his own life studying Marxism. Does the Bible have something to say about nearly every area of[…]
Created on: Dec 23, 2016 | 02:16 am
Dec 23, 2016 | 02:16 am
- #89 The Election is Over, Now What with Jeff Myers #89 The Election is Over, Now What with Jeff Myers Summit President Jeff Myers talks about the role of faith and politics.
Created on: Dec 9, 2016 | 11:00 am
Dec 9, 2016 | 11:00 am
- #88 How to Think About the Bible, Pt. 2 with Greg Koukl #88 How to Think About the Bible, Pt. 2 with Greg Koukl Greg Koukl helps Christian defend the Bible in conversation with their unbelieving friends and neighbors. Greg Koukl is an esteemed apologist, Summit faculty, and the founder and president of Stand to Reason. He's the author of Tactics and co-author of Relativism:[…]
Created on: Oct 5, 2016 | 11:17 am
Oct 5, 2016 | 11:17 am
Stand to Reason
Stand to Reason trains Christians to think more clearly about their faith and to make an even-handed, incisive, yet gracious defense for classical Christianity and classical Christian values in the public square.
Cold Case Christianity
J. Warner Wallace is a cold-case homicide detective, adjunct professor of apologetics at Biola University, Christian case maker and author. J. Warner was a conscientious and vocal atheist through his undergraduate and graduate work in Design and Architecture (CSULB and UCLA); he always considered himself to be an “evidentialist”. His experience in law enforcement only served to strengthen his conviction that truth is tied directly to evidence. But at the age of thirty-five, J. Warner took a serious and expansive look at the evidence for the Christian Worldview and determined that Christianity was demonstrably true. After becoming a Christ follower in 1996, Jim continued to take an evidential approach to truth as he examined the Christian worldview. He eventually earned a Master’s Degree in Theological Studies from Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Why Did Jesus Come When He Did? Why Did Jesus Come When He Did? What does the timing of history tell us about the nature of Jesus? Did God align the events of history to prepare humans for His arrival? J. Warner answers these questions in this episode of the NRBtv Cold-Case Christianity Broadcast.
Created on: Sep 15, 2021 | 11:00 am
Sep 15, 2021 | 11:00 am
- Why Arguments that Jesus Is a “Copy-Cat Savior” Are Silly Why Arguments that Jesus Is a “Copy-Cat Savior” Are Silly Is the story of Jesus like ancient mythologies that preceded Him? What are these alleged similarities? Can they be explained in some way? Do they invalidate the claims of the New Testament, or do these similarities actually VALIDATE the Deity[…]
Created on: Sep 8, 2021 | 15:00 pm
Sep 8, 2021 | 15:00 pm
- Does Jesus Still Matter? Interview with Kerby Anderson Does Jesus Still Matter? Interview with Kerby Anderson What makes Jesus so important? Does he still matter in a world that rejects the Bible? Can we make a case for the historicity and deity of Jesus even if we don’t trust the New Testament documents? J. Warner Wallace[…]
Created on: Sep 1, 2021 | 11:00 am
Sep 1, 2021 | 11:00 am
- Answering Questions on Slavery, Hearing from God, and More with Cameron Bertuzzi Answering Questions on Slavery, Hearing from God, and More with Cameron Bertuzzi Cameron Bertuzzi from the Capturing Christianity Podcast interviews J. Warner as they tackle several common objections to Christianity.
Created on: Aug 25, 2021 | 11:00 am
Aug 25, 2021 | 11:00 am
- Retracing the steps of Jesus – Interview with Bill Arnold Retracing the steps of Jesus – Interview with Bill Arnold Radio show host extraordinaire, Bill Arnold, interviews J. Warner to talk about the impact of Jesus on history and the “fingerprints” Jesus left on the most important aspects of culture. Be sure to listen to Bill at Faith Radio.
Created on: Aug 18, 2021 | 11:00 am
Aug 18, 2021 | 11:00 am
Impact 360 Institute
Because all truth is God’s truth we reject the idea that reality is to be carved up into the artificial categories of sacred and secular. As Christ-followers we are called to live every aspect of our lives under God’s authority and for God’s glory. Classical thinkers referred to this as Coram Deo (literally “before the face of God”). How we think and how we live go together.
The Table Podcast
The Table is a weekly podcast on topics related to God, Christianity, and Culture.
The One Minute Apologist
The One Minute Apologist exists to provide Christians with credible answers to curious questions.